Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Royal's German Surname

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

I.

was thirty years old, and I was sitting on board a Boeing 747. The giant aircraft began the descent through thick layers of clouds rain, and soon it landed at Hamburg. The cold November rain tinted dark all the land transforming the scene, with the mechanics in raincoats, flags hoisted on anonymous airport buildings and the sign advertising the BMW, in a bleak landscape of the Flemish school. It 's true: I am back in Germany, I thought.
When the plane had completed the landing, "No smoking" and went out through the speakers on the ceiling began to spread low-volume background music. Norwegian Wood was a watered-down version of the Beatles in the orchestra. And as always recognize the melody was enough for me to feel upset. Indeed, this time I was agitated and upset as I had never happened.



0 comments:

Post a Comment